Sustainable cultivation with a high yield, exceptional product quality and – ultimately – healthy and tasty food; it all starts with the best organic seeds of the best varieties RIGHT from the START
In the 1990s, Bejo was among the first breeders to take the step to make organic an integral part of its business. As a family company we believe and are committed to this long term and sustainable approach. As we feel we should handle our natural resources with care, for ourselves as well as for future generations.
Being a conventional and organic breeder is a wonderful cross fertilization. On the one hand, organic production brings on inspiration and new ideas for conventional production. On the other hand, we can build our organic business on the knowledge, experience and infrastructure that we have built in the last century. At Bejo breeding for organic is leveraging our broad genetic base and the latest technologies. Breeding for organic allows us to develop high yielding varieties with improved resilience, produce high-quality seeds and stimulate innovation.
With our organic seeds we contribute to a sustainable supply chain of healthy and tasty food, RIGHT from the START
Through our organic programme we provide
- Extensive knowledge and experience in organic cultivation
- A continuously expanding assortment of currently 40 crops and 192 varieties
- Top quality seed suited for your local conditions and requirements
- Unique white coating for easy sowing
Our organic activities
- Developing new varieties
- Conducting field trials with organic growers worldwide
- Discovering innovative cultivation practices
- Exploring new methods of seed treatment and coatings
- Contributing to and participating with scientific institutions, governments and industry associations to help shape the future of organic
More about organic!